TransAlta is committed to protecting our people, the public, the environment and the company’s physical assets. Meeting this commitment is a corporate responsibility for TransAlta and the personal responsibility of each employee and contractor working on TransAlta’s behalf. Safe, reliable and incident-free operations are critical to our success.
We believe that:
- All incidents are preventable.
- No job is so urgent that it cannot be planned and executed safely.
- Everyone is obligated to refuse / stop unsafe work.
- Our work environment impacts safety performance.
- All employees need to lead by example.
- Our leaders are responsible for the safety and engagement of their teams.
- We can achieve Safe Production.
- Working safely is a condition of employment
Life Saving rules:
- Control of Work: You must verify that equipment has been completely isolated and locked out before starting work.
- Working at Heights: You must have proper fall protection and training to work at heights.
- Hoisting and Rigging: You must have proper training, tag lines, load rating and ribboning before operating hoisting equipment.
- Hazard Assessment and Safe Work Planning: You must complete a hazard assessment and a safe work plan before starting work.
- Equipment and Tools: You must use the proper tools for the job and be trained in their use.
- Personal Conduct: You must conduct yourself in accordance with our policies and procedures.
Total Safety Management Policy
TransAlta is committed to protecting our people, the public, the environment and the company’s physical assets.
Contractor Log In
To access TransAlta Total Safety documents, safe work practices, and procedures that are applicable to your area. Click here for more detailed instructions on how to log into Office 365.
ISN is the global resource for helping connect qualified contractors and suppliers with Hiring Clients around the globe.